Thursday, December 1, 2011

Is it "Wrong" to get pregnant at the age of 15?

Straight to the point : As seen on STOMP. (Nope, I'm not a Stupid Stomper but I saw this via Twitter.)


I thought this is an interesting talking point for the blog. As usual, many funny comments on stomp and to sum it up there are a few points being brought up. 

1. She is underage and considered a minor. (Singapore law, under 16 sex is against the law)
2. Is there a need to put it on facebook since you are already breaking the law?
3. Is she doing this to seek attention?
4. Friends on facebook is asking her to keep the baby, is that "right or wrong". 


One thing as a time, like I always say, sex is good, underage sex is against the law(which makes it exciting for some - i guess) and getting caught for it is not joke. I guess it's a context issue cause some people will debate that "your grandmother from China" gave birth even at a younger age but I suppose it's a different thing since we are in Singapore and not China. I still recommend people to keep it till time is "right". No, I am not asking you to be a virgin until you get married. In fact I promote premarital sex. I suppose it's kinda of common for teenagers to have sex at such a age over at the states as well? I suppose you can do it after all but just do not get caught/pregnant. :x 

Putting the status on facebook is a little too much I guess? Than again, facebook is where your friends are and if all she want is to release the stress I think it is okay. On top of commenting about this as in she is a attention seeker, I also see how stress herself is going through all these shit. age of 15 and being a mum is no joke. I am not even surprise that her action after knowing this does not belongs to her mind anymore. So i suppose people can cut her some slack on her action on facebook. 

So the golden Question, to keep or not to keep. It is a life, no doubt. If you kill it, it is a life you are wasting but think again, if you force your way through and let this baby live on, force a marriage and get divorce there after, it is 3 lives we are wasting and haunting. Call me negative, I call myself practical, this is common and I have seen it myself and not just once but rather quite a few times around me. "Shotgun" marriage can hardly last and people who are in bad situation of a marriage who uses a child to hold the marriage did not work out half the time either. Than again, there is always two sides of the coin and there are always multiple outcome on whichever path she is taking. I just wish her good luck on her choice.

Anyway, if you are interested in the full article : link


Mr.Smith, bang bang is good, baby baby at 15 is NO good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...